Monday, November 10, 2008

Tired Family

How's it going? I've never liked just starting an email or a post with just the idea, so if you read a lot of questions, it's because I don't like just starting, and I do want the answer. Anyway, Rob's and mine life (or is it lives?) has been a little crazy the past week. It hasn't been anything big, just a ton of little things. I think I have been fighting off a cold. Also, I have had 3 or 4 books due in the last week, as in read and analyzed. With all of this, I have had no energy, and little sleep. Rob and I see each other only in the evenings, and after dinner (which is usually silent, both of us get really hungry) and homework, we have 10 minutes to just be with each other. Well, you know that doesn't work so well for newly weds, we still LIKE being together, so we stay up too late, and homework gets put off every now and then. (Rob is better at doing homework than I am, but it's like a treat to him, he loves it. Strange) This has made us both tired. PLUS, Rob now has us working out at the gym on campus. We go up there on Tuesdays and Thursdays to lift weights and Run (I call it Lopping, 'cuz the machine we use is the kind that glides or whatever. I had this Chiropractor tell me that I should lop, not jog. I didn't know what lopping was, so when I saw this machine, I knick-named it the Lopping Machine.) So, that has made me tired, but I strangely like doing it and look forward to working out with Rob, maybe it's the company.
Rob started his new job on Monday. He seems really excited about it. He is developing a remote controlled sniper rifle. His job right now is to design a controller for the rifle. He calls what he is doing 'designing a user interface'. The really cool part is that is other projects like this, the man in Rob's job has been the one to do the live test. Yes, that means Rob might get the chance to shoot a remote controlled rifle.
That's our family in a nutshell right now. Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Susan said...

And you still had time to write a blog! I'm impressed. Sorry you're so busy. I miss you, but I understand. LLAP.

SA said...

Oh Jules! Newlywed life is fun, but the busyness seems to settle in quickly! Let me tell you it just gets worse...you just keep staying up later to talk and eventually, I hear, when you reach 60 or so your body doesn't need any sleep, but by then you have retired and actually have time for each other! Isn't life great? :)

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

Wow... no wonder you're busy! haha... you've got a plate full and a half! but its good that at least you're enjoying everything that is keeping you busy (minus the homework for you... and believe me - i never understood rob's fascination with school work either...lol)

Amber said...

Yay! Another cousin blog to stalk. It looks cute. And I love the video.
I'm sorry you've been feeling crummy. Dan and Megan and I were all sick for like a week and a half and it was terrible! But we're better now thankfully.
Good luck with the getting more sleep thing. I must say, Dan and I are suddenly old fogies because we've learned that Megan will NOT sleep past 6 am especially if her parents stayed up past 10. Last night we were out at 9:30...literally.
But we don't have to juggle homework anymore so that helps us get to bed on time. Good luck with your last few weeks of the semester! Hopefully we'll see you at Grandma's on Christmas Eve (if not before).

Susan said...

Cute new look for your blog!

Michelle said...

Hey Juli! I just found your blog on Rob and Katie's so I hope you don't mind me reading. You are in such a fun (and busy) time of life right now. Enjoy it before the kids come and you really have no time to yourself.