Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stress, sick, and a 2 am wal-mart run

Hello again. The sickness bug has hit our home this last week. But, as in all good stories, I must start before it came. You see, last week I (Juli) had three papers to write and one test to study for. To say it was stressful is an undrestatement. Well, I tried my hardest to get everything done. At first I thought I only had two papers. I had a paper due in my post-colonial class, and a paper for my film class, plus a test for my film class. OH, I ALSO had a presentation due for the post-colonial class. Yeah, loads of fun. So the presentation was due on Wednesday, so I concentrated on that. Then the paper for the film class was due on Thursday (that was a long night). And then the test was ALSO on Thursday, the thinking being that the paper would help us study for the test. It didn't. Then, I had my paper due in my post-colonial class due on Monday. Now, I know you are going to say that I had the weekend to write it. I didn't, I got sick instead. YAY. So, I wrote the paper on Sunday, pretending that I felt better. Then, what happened, Rob starts feeling under the weather. So we go to bed early and I can't sleep. (This is monday night.) I get to sleep around 10 pm and I wake up at 1:30 am. I couldn't sleep and didn't know why. So, I go out to do some homework that got thrown to the sidelines. Well, I look through one syllabus and discover I have a paper due in my religion english class. yay for me. So I start to write that and Rob wakes up feeling cold, but way hot to the touch. We didn't have a lot of medication in the house, so I take a 2:30 am Wal-Mart trip. Don't worry, it get's better. I get off the hill (campus is on a hill, wal-mart is in the valley) and the mist is so heavy, I can't see beyond 30 yards or so in front of me. By the time I get to Wal-Mart, I am certain some guy is going to jump out and get me, and I won't even see it coming. You know, there is no one around at 2:30 in the morning. I think it is the calmest I had ever seen wal-mart. So, I buy some nyquil and throat drops and tylenol and get back to Rob. He takes the Nyquil and falls back asleep. I stay awake and finish my paper. The next day, I call Steve, the family doctor, and ask him if Rob has just a fever or not, and how long it is going to last. He tells me that Rob has the flu and he should be feeling better come Thursday and Friday. Well, it's Thursday, and Rob feels better. He is not up to 100%, but he is a whole lot better than he used to be. As for me, I am starting to feel a little ill. Let's hope for the best. That has been our crazy week or so (oh yeah, throw in a wedding reception on Saturday, and Missionaries at Dad's on Sunday). At least life isn't dull.

3 comments:

Susan said...

oh yeah, gotta LOVE weeks like that. You finish one of those and you're just glad it's over and you wonder how the heck you survived it. May the next week be better.

Laura Rollins said...

I'm so sorry you all have been sick, too! Well, we'll return the favor and make this YOUR get better card from us :) We really do hope you get better soon!! Being sick is the worse! Good luck on all your papers and tests!

Amy said...

Oh Juli I hope you are feeling better. You and Rob need a break from all the stress of papers and tests.
We really want you to meet Andrew - let us know when you and Rob are feeling healthy. :)