Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day Eleven

I really REALLY didn't want to do exercise today. I exercise before eating, I read somewhere that's good for you, or that it is good to eat with in 30 minutes of exercising. Anyway. I run or do weight training in the morning and then I have breakfast. Well, I didn't want to run, so it took forever for me to have breakfast. Not good, but I couldn't eat until exercising. I have a weird stubborn mentality that dictates that I HAVE to do things in the right order and I can't do part B until part A is done. No eating until exercise. Well, I did run and I did eat, in relatively good time. But then I didn't want to do TDS. I waited, and procrastinated. Not good again, but eventually I did TDS, and wow was it hard. I don't know why but I didn't have a lot of energy this morning, and I don't have any energy this afternoon. But at least I exercised. I am going to attribute that to my brother Rob. He called yesterday and I told him that I was doing this exercise regime. Well, he encouraged me and was really supportive. It is really nice to have family support (and you guys are family).

2 comments:

Robert Aird said...

Love you too lil sister

Susan said...

The reason it's good to do exercise first thing before you eat, is it is more effective at burning fat. The reason for this is that in the morning after going all night with out eating you get a triglyceride (a type of stored fat) burn, and since you're body is already doing that, if you exercise it will just keep burning those triglycerides for energy rather than using the food you ate.

Don't go too long without eating though, it will cause your blood sugar to crash and then you won't have the energy to do your workout.