Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day Five

I am feeling GOOD!!! I never thought that I would be excited for exercising or working out, but I am. It's so much fun. Today was a running day, and it was tiring, but energizing. I really love working out in the morning. It gets me going for the day. After running, or weights, I eat breakfast and then go do the dishes. I have found that I LOVE routines. I kind of already knew that I did better when I have a routine, but I am LOVING it. So, after dishes and sweeping the kitchen, I paid some bills and talked to a friend. With her encouragement, I went and did my 30 day shred exercise. I have done the work out enough that today I turned down the volume of Jillian Michael's talking and turned on some work out music. It was so much fun. I felt like I was playing and dancing, not working out. It was awesome. The 30 day shred dvd has 3 different workouts, each progressively a little harder. I am seriously considering going to level 2. I have NEVER moved up in a work out before, so that is exciting! Well after the 30 day shred (forever more to be abbreviated to TDS) I came back to the computer to blog the days experience. When I made this goal, I knew that there would come a day when I would love doing the workout. I never, even in my wildesxt dreams, thought it would come on day 5. Honestly, I thought it would take doing the TDS several times before I would love it. But boy do I love it.
These last few days have been hard on Rob. He hasn't been sleeping well, and so that makes him really tired in the morning. Yesterday, a weight training day, we woke up at 5:30, our weight training time, and he really didn't want to get up. He wasn't able to get to sleep until around 1 a.m., so that was 4 hours of rest for him. I don't know if the alarm would have even woken me up with that little sleep. Well, we laid in bed for a few minutes with him asking me what to do. I told him that it was up to him. I could tell that he was completely torn and unsure. In the past, he has been my anchor for exercising, especially weight training. So I turned to him and told him to not worry about me. I will work out no matter what he decided. He looked at me and said, "Then I am going to get some more sleep"  I love my husband.
Yesterday I did weight training on my own, and I think I did pretty good. I missed Rob, but he will work out with me tomorrow (cross your fingers he sleeps better) He slept well last night, so I think that we are on the way up.
I think that is everything for today. Thanx for all your encouragement!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

That's awesome! You need to archive this post for days when you forget that you DO have fun working out--just as a reminder :).

Susan said...

Yay for being excited. Accomplishing a goal is so fulfilling. You are inspiring me. It really does feel so good to use those muscles and feel yourself get stronger.

Laura Rollins said...

Hooray for schedules, routines and good exercise days!! You rock Juli!