Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day Nineteen

Saturdays are always interesting in the work out category. It's nice to sleep in a little (though I have been doing that for the last few days). Rob got to sleep in too today. And that was nice. Once we both woke up, we did weight training, concentrating on our arms today. Then we had breakfast. After that, life got interesting, in a boring sort of way. Story time:
I mentioned a few days ago that my sister-in-law, Laura, sent me some P90X after work out shake packets. I also mentioned that I loved them (at least I think that I mentioned that) Anyway, A week ago I ordered a tub of the drink mix (I had run out of the packets and the tub was cheaper than more packets) Well I ordered it from Amazon. They sent it and the estimated delivery date was the 23rd. The 23rd came and went with no drink mix. I got online and saw that according to Amazon the package was delivered. It was supposed to be through Fed Ex, so I called them up with the tracking number. They told me that they had passed it off to the US postal service and that I needed to go to my local post office to see where it is. So I got to go to the post office on a Saturday morning to find a package. Well, usps.com told me that the post office that delivers my mail was on Coal Mine Ave. So up to Coal mine I drove. The post office was probably 3 miles, at most, away from my house. I get there right at the beginning of a rush. So I wait in line, playing sudoku on my phone. At the counter I tell the post office guy about my missing package and hand him the tracking number (I did think to write it down before I left). He gives me this look, and then tells me to wait while he gets his supervisor. Smart man. I wait a few more minutes, playing sudoku, and then the supervisor comes out. He has a printed sheet that states that the package was delivered. And then he tells me that this post office is not the post office that delivers to my house. He then hands me a sheet that has directions preprinted off to the right post office. (I guess I am not the only one who goes to the wrong post office). Well, the right post office is maybe a mile from my house. So, I go to that post office. Once I get there I can see that I am in the middle of a rush. So I pull out my phone and play some more sudoku. After 15 to 20 minutes I get to the counter and tell that postal worker my story. He takes the tracking number and goes into the back, after asking me to wait. More sudoku. After a few minutes he comes back and tells me that the office gave it to the carrier and that it is now on him. So he takes my address and phone number and tells me that they will hunt down the carrier and see what's up. So that is where I am. All I want is my after work out drink. Oh well. I was entertained, and not in a hurry, so I didn't get aggravated  In fact, I find it slightly amusing. I figure everyone goes through something getting lost in the mail. There are worse things than a drink mix that could get lost.
When I got home I did my TDS. That was normal. I am looking forward to not having to do it every day, but that is in 11 more days (not counting Sundays)...

2 comments:

Amber said...

You are still going strong. You better get a new goal going now that this one is winding down. Find a 5K or something for a cause that means something to you or that sounds fun--something to keep you motivated to continue your new healthier lifestyle!

Susan said...

Great story! I find it rather odd that fedex did that. How strange