Friday, January 4, 2013

Day One

ARRGGG!!! So tired, and I took a nap.
Well I just finished my second and last exercise of the day. Wow, am I exhausted. So, for those that don't know, I made a goal to exercise everyday and eat right. YAY, right, well here's the thing. I am going to exercise in the mornings with Rob (we alternate running and weight training) and then during the day I am going to do this exercise program called the 30 day shred. (wow is it hard) I am going to post every day that I exercise and plead for encouragement from any who read that post. Also, I made the goal to lose 10 pounds. Originally it was lose 10 pounds in 30 days, and I still would like that to happen. But if it doesn't, I still want to lose the 10 pounds. So I have a reward for myself if...uh....when I accomplish these goals. After exercising for 30 days straight (barring Sundays) I get a book!!! And then when I lose 10 pounds I get another book!!!! Yay for me! (If you can't tell, I like books) I already know which books I want too. They are both from a series that I have been reading and collecting for the past 15 years or so. A new book comes out every so often (nothing regular). It's called the Elemental Master's Series by Mercedes Lackey. They are fairy tales set in 1900 ish England (other than one book which is in California). Lackey takes a well known fairy tale, say Cinderella, and makes the characters modern (again, ish) and gives them magic over an element, water, earth, air, fire. It's really quite fun. Like with her Cinderella version, Cinderella has to stay with her evil stepmother because of a curse on her making her unable to leave the house. Anyway, there is a new book out and an anthology of short stories set in the same world. Those are my goals. And today, those books were the only things keeping me exercising. AAAAHHHHHH! I am tired. Anyway, I am going to do the unthinkable and post my weight: 175. Now, I am not going to weigh myself again until after the 30 days. Here we go.....

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah Juli! Keep it up!

Ali said...

I think you have a great thing going. I love that you are giving yourself a reward, something that you love, to keep you motivated. I hope you earn your books soon. I just bought a gym membership. I am going to read your posts to keep me motivated! Good Job, Juli!

Laura Rollins said...

Way to go you!!! That's awesome :) Keep it up!