Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day Twenty One

Wow, I made it to the last 10 days. That's incredible to me.
Yesterday, after my workout, I got my drink mix!!!!! YAY!!!! So today I wanted to exercise so that I could drink my after workout drink. It was awesome. Thanx again to Laura for giving me my first taste of these drinks.
9 more days to go!!! Wahoo! I know I have lost weight, which was a goal. I know I am going to finish strong, which was another goal. But I need to be realistic. I don't think I am going to make the 10 pounds that I wanted off. At least not in this month. Rob asked me before I started the two-a-days what my plan was for after the 30 days were up. I told him that I didn't want to think about it, I just wanted to get through the 30 days and then I would see. Well, with 9 days left I need to start thinking about it. I definitely want a break from the two work out days, but I also definitely will keep working out. What I think I am going to do is I am going to finish strong. And then take 3 weeks rest period (basically the rest of Feb) and at the start of March see how I am feeling. If I feel like I need more, I am going to do the TDS in March too. We will just have to wait and see.
Rob got me this work out book for Christmas last year. In it they speak of the 8 week miracle. The program is a 12 week exercise and diet program. What has been "discovered" is that for most of the women who do this program, they lose weight really slowly, until week 8. In week 8 the weight seems to start to disappear. That is the program that Rob and I are doing. I am doing the TDS in addition to it. I am hoping that I will have an 8 week miracle. (Just so you know, 8 weeks in for me is the week of Feb 18th). I really want to look and feel good, and I am hoping that all this exercise and eating right will pay off.
Thanx again for all the support you give me!!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Way to go. You're getting close. And while I know you are probably trying to prepare yourself to be ok if you don't lose 10 pounds, don't start thinking that there's no way yet! Believe in the possibility, don't give yourself an out!
I agree that 2 a days would be difficult to keep up forever. But I would think that taking a 3 week break with no workouts could make it hard to get started again. Maybe you could work out like every other weekday or something to keep your toes wet. Anyway, feel free to ignore everything I said, you know yourself best--and you have accomplished so much and will finish your goal out strong!

Amber said...

Oh, I get it, you're taking a 3 week break from TDS, but still doing the other. sorry, my reading comprehension was a little lacking :)

Susan said...

Great job, you've almost made it! Taking a break from TDS and then going back to it will actually make it that much more effective, it prevents adaptation. Good luck!