Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day Ten

A third through the month of workouts. An uncontrollable nose bleed, sprained abs, and a sleepy husband, what will the next ten days bring? Today was hard to wake up to do weight training with Rob. Neither of us really wanted to get out of bed at 5:30, when we are both used to sleeping until 7-ish. So after lying around for 30 minutes, we got out of bed, went downstairs, and exercised. We usually do pull ups as part of our upper body regime, but pull ups take a lot of core strength and use of core muscles, abs. Figuring out something to work the same muscles was interesting, but we did it in the end. Rob and I use resistance bands instead of free weights. No waste of time changing weights on bars. We ended up using a door anchor in between the door and the door way. It worked. (I've never liked pull ups.) What we used to use, and will go back to using, is a door hanging bar thing. I don't like it. I have never been good at pull ups. I just don't have the upper body strength. Maybe one day I will be able to actually pull myself up once, all the way. :D
I did 5 sets of push ups total today. 3 sets in the morning with Rob, and 2 in the TDS. By the time I got to the last set, my abs were hurting a ton. I try not to use them, but abs are a muscle that I've discovered I use a lot. I hope that by the end of the week, they will be recuperated enough to go back to my regular schedule.
Thanx for all the comments, it really helps me to keep going when the workouts get too hard. You're awesome!!!!

4 comments:

Laura Rollins said...

Good job finding a replacement work out instead of just stopping all together :) Keep it up and KNOW someday you will be able to do a pull up - all the way - completely!

Amber said...

I did ONE pull-up once...in 5th grade :) Keep up the good work!

Susan said...

Haha, I've never been able to do a pull up either. I'm amazed you did as many push ups as you did with your strained abs. Chaturunga (yoga pose where you hold at the top of a pushup) is one of my main core exercises.

Robert Aird said...

I am proud of you little sister. Keep it up and it will become a habit.