Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day Four

Well, Rob and Ali were right. I am not stiff (well, not that stiff) any more. I shouldn't have doubted. But I was really stiff, and it truly didn't feel as if the soreness would ever go away again. But it did.
My observations about today's workout: the work out felt as if it was both longer than normal and shorter than normal. The way the 30 day shred works is you do a set of strength training for 3 minutes, a set of cardio for 2 minutes, and an ab work out for 1 minute. And then you do the whole thing two more times. So ultimately you work out for 20 minutes, with three sets of three. Each set today felt like it would never end. But once I got to the last set, I felt like I had just started. It was a mind bending sensation. I definitely feel like I am doing better and 30 days doesn't seem that long anymore (maybe it's because I only have 26 days left... but who's counting) Thanx to everyone giving me encouragement, it REALLY helps alot. (That means you, Amber :) )

3 comments:

Dad said...

Hello Julie:
I am VERY happy to find your blog. And I enjoy reading about your new exercise experience. I am resisting a launch into my whole weight loss experience of 2 yrs ago. Jane and I work very hard at exercising and eating right. Making it a team effort really helps.
Some say it takes 7-10 days of repeated effort to make a habit. You are well on your way. With your determination you will obviously make it to 30 days. I will be most interested in your next goal after the 30 days, whether or not you make your weight goal. Writing down your experience is a very important element of success I've found. I would also recommend a website that has helped me tremendously: caloriecount.com
I use this site to track calories, exercise, weight, etc. I also read lots of their daily posts and blogs. You might enjoy it.
Keep up the great work. Being healthier is so much better than the alternative!
Ken Aird
p.s. Do you watch Biggest Loser or any of the other reality weight loss shows? Jane & I enjoy them and find them helpful too.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Yeah Juli! Day 4! At least it felt shorter at the end :) HOpefully it will go fast the whole time tomorrow!