Friday, January 11, 2013

Day Seven

Today's story is a doosy.
So I get up like normal, I get Rob his breakfast and lunch, and then go running. All is right in the world. And then, after my breakfast, my nose starts to bleed. Last week it was the left nostril, today the right. (It's because it is so dry here. I'm thinking I am going to get a humidifier.) Anyway, on my mission I learned a trick that nearly always works. When you have a bloody nose, sniff white vinegar. I've never tried anything but white, but another type of vinegar might work. Back to the story. Last week when my nose started to bleed I sniffed the vinegar, my nose stopped, and all was well. Well, today, I sniffed the vinegar, and it somewhat stopped. I was stupid, and cleaned out my nose, and it started bleeding again, with a vengeance. So I try the traditional cold and pressure on the top of the nose, and it still doesn't stop. I think I stood over the sink for 10 to 20 minutes trying to get my nose to stop bleeding. But it wouldn't. I've had a nose bleed that was so bad I had to go to the emergency room and have my nose cauterized. So that scenario was playing through my head, but I don't have a car. I started to think of who I could call to take me to the emergency room, and then I realized that my phone is in the other room, and I don't want to get blood on my carpet. So, I take the cold pack off my nose and release the pressure to see if my nose has stopped, it hasn't. At this point, I think, "For wounds or cuts made on any other part of my skin I just apply direct pressure, so I pinched my nose shut with a tissue and hold it there for 30 or 40 minutes. While I am sitting there, watching a show, pinching my nose, I start thinking, "what if I can't do my workout? If I don't do it, I don't get my book." I know that a bloody nose could be a good enough excuse to not workout and start up again tomorrow, but it would be an excuse. I promised myself that I would give myself no excuses. I AM going to exercise. SO, 40 minutes later, I checked to see if my nose had stopped. Luckily it had and I was able to do the TDS. YAY!!!!!!! I was unsure if I was going to be able to exercise, but I did what I said I was going to do. I gave myself no excuses and I exercised. It was hard, but no harder than yesterday or any other day (well maybe it was easier than the first day). Thanx for all the help you guys are giving me. It really does help. I look forward to reading the comments, and I know that if I don't workout and blog, you will know and call me on it. Thanx for that. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Holy nosebleed batman! I'm glad it stopped. And that you were able to work out and it didn't start again. Way to go! 7 days, no misses! That's 1/4 of the month gone already!